Hazardous household waste is collected twice a year. Household Hazardous Waste Day is run by the Health Department. The event is usually the first Saturday in June and the first Saturday in November. Notices of the event will be posted on the Town website and placed in the local newspaper, the Marblehead Reporter, two week before the event.
This is a pay event, according to the following:
$25.00 for 0-10 gallons or pounds
$45.00 for 11-25 gallons or pounds
Additional amounts priced accordingly
The event is held at the Municipal Garage on Tower Way. Hazardous waste from residents includes:
- Oil Based Paints and Stains
- Paint Strippers/Thinners
- Antifreeze/Transmission Fluid
- Driveway Sealer
- Photo Chemicals
- Chemistry Sets
- Floor & Metal Polish
- Oven Cleaner/ Other Household Cleaners
- Flourescent Bulbs
Please Do Not Bring:
- Latex Paint
- Infectious & Biological Waste
How Can I Safely Transport These Materials?
- Leave material in its original container.
- Tighten caps and lids.
- Sort and pack separately: oil paints, pesticides, and household cleaners.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes and pad with newspaper.
- NEVER MIX CHEMICALS.
- Pack your car and drive directly to the site.
- NEVER SMOKE while handling hazardous material.