Robin A. Michaud
188 Washington Street
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday
8 AM - 5 PM
8 AM - 6 PM
8 AM - 12:30 PM
The Town Clerk, elected every three years, has a wide range of duties and responsibilities in local government.
You may register to vote at the Town Clerk's Office. Mail-in voter registration forms are provided, as needed.
The Town Clerk:
- Is required to conduct, on an annual basis, a community-wide census. A Census form is mailed to every household on the first of January each year. The census numbers are used by the State to partially determine local aid to our community. Failure to respond to this mailing may result in removal from the active voting lists.
- Prepares for town elections.
- Transmits election results and a complete list of town officers to the Secretary of State within 24 hours after each election.
- Serves as a member of the Board of Registrars registering all voters.
- During Town Meetings, the Town Clerk assists the Moderator, prepares the voting lists, keeps the record of attendance and counts and records votes on all matters before Town Meeting.
- Issues dog licenses, permits, business certificates, marriage licenses, birth certificates and death certificates.
- Posts notices of all open meetings and administers the oath of office to elected officers and appointed committee members.
- Maintains vital records of the Town.